Team Wiki: Build Season 2016
1) Meeting days and times (during build season):
- Monday - Friday: 2:15 PM - 8:00 PM (end times may vary)
- Saturday 8:00 AM - 4:00 PM
- Note: To see other times and meeting dates please go to http://www.hammondursamajor.org
2) Meal Sign Ups
- This year we will again be using SignUpGenius to manage the dinner / lunch meals for the mentors and students
- If each family signs up for 1 to 2 meals we should have all the slots covered
- NEW: If you would like to contribute but just can't get back in time to cook you can donate $100 and we will go out and pick up dinner (This will cover 8 Costco Pizza, chips, and drinks)
- Another option is to solicit donations from area restaurants. If you get a restaurant to donate that will count towards one of your family meals.
3) Dues / Donation Rewards
- This club is the most expensive club at Hammond so in order to cover some of our cost we are looking to dues and donations.
- Dues for this year will be $50. This will cover the competition shirt and other team expenses. Please fill out the attached form and return with a check of $50.
- Note: if you are unable to afford the donation please see the school sponsors (Mr. Lee / Mr. Watson)
- Donations Rewards: This year we will be doing something similar to KickStarter. At different donation levels. More information to follow.
4) Student Attendence Sign Ups
- In order for the mentors and student leaders to plan tasks efficiently we are asking students to signup on SignUpGenius for the dates and times they plan to attend. This is not binding but the more accurate the sign up it will allow for better planning. Also it will allow the family providing the meals to plan accordingly so we will have enough food
- To sign up go to: http://www.signupgenius.com/go/10c094ca4ab2da3fd0-student
5) Mentor Attendance Sign Up
- To help make sure that we have coverage for all meeting times and date we will be using a Mentor SignUpGenius.
- To sign up go to: http://www.signupgenius.com/go/10c094ca4ab2da3fd0-mentor
6) Parent Meeting
- Our first Parent meeting will be on Saturday Jan 9 at 9:00 am (Kick Off / Reveal Day). This meeting will be about 1/2 hour long as we will passing along a lot of information.
- Regular Parent's meeting will be held weekly on Saturdays at (8:00 am) for about 5 minutes
7) Semi-Weekly Email
- The students will be sending out semi-weekly emails letting all know what the team has accomplished, road blocks, and / or needs. We are trying to consolidate the emails so please read the emails and there will contain valuable information.
8) Updates on Wiki / Twitter / Photo Journalism
- We are looking for students to manage content on our Social Media and Wiki
- The goal is to get other students the school involved with Ursa Major
9) In school field trip
- Again we will be having an in school field trip on the first Monday (January 11, 2015) to brainstorm and develop the initial robot design to meet the challenge.
- If you would like to attend you must complete the form attached to the email sent to you, have your parents and teachers (each period that you plan to attend) sign off giving you permission to attend.
- Note: You do not need to attend every class. You may return the the in school field trip after attending the classes that you need to attend.